PE BACKED HEALTHCARE FIRM (T/O £50M) – DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION ACCELERATES GROWTH AND EXIT
A mid-sized, PE backed healthcare communications firm on a rapid growth path needed an Oracle NetSuite CRM and ERP implementation, a critical step in its overall digital transformation. The existing project was failing, costs and timelines had overrun by over 300% with no delivery.
The critical success factor in this project was deploying ‘CTO as a Service’ resource to engage the c suite, manage the vendor tightly and allocate tasks / handhold the existing team to success. This resource was also assisted by an expert ERP technical resource because the vendors own resources were failing to deliver.
Subsequently, Ridgewell Associates were engaged to manage the integration of two new acquisition companies into the new centralised system, owning all people, process, and technology aspects. The firm tripled in size moving from 250 to 750 staff in just 8 months and was recently exited at a high multiple (Q2 2020).
– Schedule delays to implementation
– Escalating costs with no delivery
– Project lacked the necessary controls, governance, clarity of roles and direction needed to succeed
– No agreed project implementation methodology
– Tension in the air – client had fallen out with the vendor
– Unclear accountability
– Descoped, reprioritised and re-planned all digital transformation deliverables – CRM, Finance, Project Management, Resource Management and HR related.
– Properly engaging the business and managing the software vendor tightly.
– Quickly brought the project back on track and successfully delivered all modules in 4 months, ensuring that the business got what they wanted – on time, to an agreed budget and in a phased approach covering all requirements.
– Saved client £120,000 by renegotiating the software contract.